Offered in Iowa City and Des Moines
Building on the strengths of Iowa's long-standing, accredited MHA program and over 1,000 alumni.
Meeting the need for leadership to transform healthcare financing and delivery in dynamic environments
Providing working professionals with advanced knowledge and skills in healthcare management
Positioning experienced professionals to become effective healthcare leaders.
The Executive Master of Health Administration coursework helps students hone critical skills for healthcare leaders, including:
Managing finances, operations, and information
Setting strategic direction
Improving population health
Leading and developing professional teams
The EMHA requires 45 hours of course credit and will usually be achieved within two years. Courses are taught by experienced faculty on campus.
The teaching approach is case- and team-focused, typically with three courses in the spring and fall semesters and one course both summer semesters.
* Healthcare Management
* Health Services Information Systems
* Analytics for Healthcare Management
* Operations Research for Health Services Managers
* Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations
* Health Policy
* Health Services Strategic Planning and Marketing
* Essentials of Public Health
* Healthcare Law
* Leadership in Healthcare Organizations